What happened to Lina Medina? Is she still alive and where is she?
this question haunts every one?
According to the documents by Reuters in 2007, she was living in Lima, Peru , after an another son at 72 (2nd son now lives in Mexico City, Mexico). Her first child Gerado died at age 40 due to bone cancer . She Avoids media as much as possible.
who is lina medina?
- Lina medina was born on september 27, 1933 (Paurange, Peru,small Andean village) and she Is famous as Youngest Confirmed Mother In History.
- Lina was normal just like any other girl of her age. But at the age of 5 , her parents noticed that her belly increased in size abruptly and her body became mature enough. As modern medical facilities not available there they just waited hoping that everything would be all-right after few days. But at last they concluded that Lina had tumour in her abdomen and carried her to Hospital in Peruvian city of Pisco.
- Initial investigations, revealed that she was pregnant for 7 months and doctors puzzled how this 5 years child could become pregnant?
To confirm the pregnancy, doctors took x-rays of the Uterus, and test other hormones study. Lina’s father also told that, before his abdomen began to swell, she was having regular periods that suddenly stopped. Pisco physicians were stunned by Lina’s pregnancy and would not pass up the opportunity to study this so-called medical miracle. Dr. Gerardo Lozada transferred her to a hospital in Lima, Peru so that she could be observed at all times.
- After arrival in that hospital doctors decided to do a cesarean delivery as her pelvis had not enough space to deliver baby. When she was barely 5 years 7 months and 21 days ( May 14, 1939)she gave birth to a boy of six pounds in good health. She gave him the name Gerardo after her doctor.
- The baby’s father Gerardo was never determined. In fact, her father was jailed for incest and rape, but he was dropped due to lack of evidence. Lina has never given itself answers to doctors about how she became impregnated.
- When Lina gave birth, she and her family believed that the case was over. However, the doctors wanted to continue to identify and study medical miracle of Lina. A new doctor and researcher, Dr. Edmundo Escomel, started investigations about her pregnancy, and he concluded that her case not hoax(some people at that time belief that this was a rumour) and his findings rocked the medical world.He discovered that Lina was having regular periods since she was 8 months, much earlier than Lina’s father told the doctors. Through testing, he confirmed that the ovaries were fully developed and Lina’s body was matured from a hormonal disorder. All discoveries of Dr. Escomel were documented and used later by other doctors.
- But Lina’s family refused to let their daughter or grandson spend their lives in hospitals and research centers. When the child was a few months, Gerardo and Lina went home. The family decided to make the decision to raise Gerardo as Lina’s younger brother. But when the child was 10, Gerado found that Lina was his true mother.
- Surprisingly, the Medina family continued to live a normal life. When Gerardo was 33, Lina gave birth to his younger brother. She had already married at that time. However, only seven years later, Gerardo died at age 40 in 1979 from an infection of bone marrow.
Today, Lina still lives with her husband Raul Jurado in a poor neighborhood of Lima, Peru ( area known as Little Chicago). Their surviving son lives in Mexico. In 2002, the name of Lina barely scratched the surface of media attention again when she refused to do an interview with Reuters.
Videos about Lina Medina
Read This– How Lina Medina Became pregnant