There is no doubt that Bora Bora is one of the most beautiful places on the planet. It is appropriately called “The Romantic Island,” and I think Paradise would fit just as well. But since we all already know how beautiful Bora Bora is, I thought I’d give you some fun facts about this spectacular island. In this way, you may be able to impress your friends the next time you see a picture of a hut set beautifully over the Pacific Ocean
1. Did you know that Bora Bora is actually Pora Pora, meaning “first-born” in the local Tahitian language? That’s right, no “B”, in fact there is no “B” throughout the Tahitian language! Early settlers thought that the natives said Bora Bora, not Pora Pora, and that the name stuck!
2. The movie “Couples Retreat” with Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau, was shot at St. Regis Resort Bora Bora, which appeared on the screen as the “Eden” station. The cast said they were acting on vacation for five weeks they spent at the hotel!
3. Hawaii receives more visitors in 10 days in French Polynesia receives a whole year! When you are looking for peace, beauty and adventure …. French Polynesia is definitely the way to go!
4. There are no poisonous snakes or insects in French Polynesia. That’s right, you can go ahead and fall asleep on the beach, it’s ok. This is truly paradise!
5. Kim Kardashian boasted that his family trip to Bora Bora was one of the best vacation she ever had. His show “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” aired just three episodes of the amazing time they had there. They stayed at the Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa.
Bora Bora is a place of incredible vacation that has a little something for everyone.
Where is Bora Bora?
Bora Bora is a tropical island in French Polynesia, located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, midway between Australia and the United States. For more information about where Bora Bora is located.
What makes the holidays so special Bora Bora?
Pristine white sand beaches, clear blue lagoons, tropical vegetation above the dramatic volcanic peaks and glamorous resorts are Bora Bora the ultimate tropical getaway.
Bora Bora Visa Regulations
Find out if you need a visa for your trip to Bora Bora and other useful travel information on the currency of Tahiti, Bora Bora supply voltage, Internet access and call home.
Bora Bora Flights
Find out how long the trip is and the easiest ways to get to Tahiti around the world on our flights to Tahiti page. Read more information about choosing the best airfare Tahiti. For a good overview of Bora Bora travel information, including the time zone of Bora Bora, visit our information page on Bora Bora travel.
Tahiti, Bora Bora flights to 45 minutes, and will be the best you’ve ever known. Here is information on Bora Bora flights.
View flight plan for Bora Bora
Bora Bora Language
French and Tahitian are the official languages. Learn about the languages spoken in Bora Bora. English is widely spoken in tourist areas. If you make an effort to learn some commonly used Tahiti and French words, Polynesians responded warmly.
Bora Bora Weather
Bora Bora time is divided into two seasons: the rainy season (summer) and the dry season (winter). To find out what is the best time to go to Bora Bora, visit our weather page Bora Bora.
The geography and wildlife of Bora Bora
Bora Bora is a small island, 29.3 km2 (11.31 km ²), located in a lagoon that is surrounded by a chain of motus (islets). The dramatic and steep profile of Mount Otemanu made a big impact, and is a stunning backdrop of the blue lagoon and white sandy beaches everywhere around Bora Bora. Learn more about the geography and wildlife of Bora Bora is located on the island.
The volcanic peaks of Mount Otemanu and Mount Pahia up on the lagoon of Bora Bora
Bora Bora Business
Discover the best places to shop in Bora Bora and Tahiti memories to look out for.
Tahitian pearl jewelry is the single most Bora special that you can take with you Bora. You can learn more about where to buy beads on our page Jewelry Tahitian pearls.
Bora Bora is a main island surrounded by smaller islands. This allows you to drive different and fun! Boat is a form of main transportation. Discover how to get around the islands to the airport, restaurants, clubs and activities by boat, bike, scooter, transportation, taxi, car rental and shuttle services. There are also lots of fun ways to get around Bora Bora!
Shuttle boat is a main way to get around!
Bora Bora Activities
A brief overview of Bora Bora is on the information page of Bora Bora activities. There are many water activities on the legendary Bora Bora Lagoon. On the main island, there are plenty of things to do too. Visit our visits Bora Bora page to see all available land-based activities.
Photos of Bora Bora Island