Universal’s Islands of Adventure or the Islands of Adventure opened on May 28, 1999 with a tagline of “Live the Adventure” is situated at Orlando, Florida. It is a theme park where guests visit the remaining six different themed lands. It is world’s tenth visited theme park. It is built as a dedication to the popular costumed characters. It requires a pass known as the “Express Pass” to visit and enjoy its attractions.
The Islands of Adventure Preview Center was opened during its time of construction in the Paradise Theatre Building, Florida to give a sneak view of the park to the guests.
It features seven themed lands built clockwise from the entry itself, they are:
1. Port of Entry: It is the park’s main entrance which houses numerous shops and services. It includes the park’s iconic centerpiece namely, Pharos Lighthouse leading the guests to the park.
2. Marvel Super Hero Island: It includes thrilling rides inspired by Marvel comic books characters like Wolverine, Captain America, Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk with villains like Doctor Doom, MODOK, Magneto, Green Goblin and Kingpin.
3. Toon Lagoon: It is themed on the cartoon characters of the 60th series full of water slides. Its major attractions include Dudley Do-right’s Ripsaw Falls, Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges, Me Ship-The Olive and Mat Hoffman’s Crazy Freakin’s Stunt show etc.
4. Jurassic Park: Based on the movie Jurassic Park, it has thrilling rides and is themed on the discovered exhibits of dinosaurs to give it a more real view. It includes Jurassic Park River Adventure, Jurassic Park Discovery Center, Pteranodon Flyers, Camp Jurassic and Triceratops Discovery Trail.
5. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: It was opened on June 18, 2010 for the public. It is a home to many shops, restaurants and other attractions. It features 5 major attractions which are Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Dragon Challenge, Flight of the Hippogriff, Ollivanders and Jaws, Universal Studios as a dedication to Harry Potter.
6. The Lost Continent: It is built with a theme of ancient myths and legends. It is a two-fold division – first is the Sinbad’s Bazzaar and the second is the Lost City. It also houses Mythos. It consists of 3 major attractions particularly, The Eighth Voyage of Sinbad , The Mystic Fountain and the Posedion’s Fury.
7. Seuss Landing: It is a special construction for the small children with various Seuss themed attractions. It is entirely created according to the works of Dr. Seuss. It features The Cat in the Hat, The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train ride, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, the famous stage show- Caro-Seuss-el and the play zone- If I Ran the Zoo.
Photos Of Universal’s Islands of Adventure